No balance is required (only an ActorsFCU Savings Account, which is required for membership)
Earn Rewards Points
When you use your Power Checking account in conjunction with your ActorCash VISA Debit Card you’ll earn one point for every $2 you spend!
Earn Higher Interest on Your eMax$ Account
Having a free Power Checking Account qualifies you for Tier I of eMax$ Online, our high-yield online savings account.
Your ActorsFCU Power Checking Account has three types of overdraft protection (options cannot be combined to pay a single item):
- Automatic Transfers from Savings: Money is transferred in the amount overdrawn. There is a service fee for each item paid using this method. You must request this service.
- Cash Draw Line of Credit: Transfers from your Cash Draw Line of Credit are made to your Power Checking Account in increments of $50. You must apply for a Cash Draw Line of Credit with the Lending Services Department.
- Courtesy Pay: The credit union—at its discretion—may cover your insufficient funds checks, up to a limit of $750, for one low fee per covered overdraft transaction. Courtesy Pay can save you additional charges from merchant collection companies and save you the additional embarrassment an inadvertent overdraft can cause. It also helps protect your credit rating. For detailed information, click on the link above. If you choose, you may opt out of Courtesy Pay at any time by completing an Opt-Out Form. Click the link provided or ask for one from Member Services.
VISA Debit Card with Rewards
Link your ActorCash VISA Debit Card to an ActorCash Power Checking Account and earn one Rewards Point for every $2 spent. There is no cost for this program, and all members with an ActorCash VISA Debit Card are automatically enrolled in the Rewards program. Debit Card points and Platinum VISA credit card points are combined and points never expire. Fill out the simple application for a VISA Debit Card today. [Members with an ActorCash VISA Debit Card linked to a Savings Account are not eligible to earn Rewards Points.]
In addition to our three types of overdraft protection, ActorsFCU offers a uniquely “Actors” way of applying the ever-necessary check hold. The end result: You have the maximum availability of your funds possible.
Our system automatically restricts availability (“applies the hold”) to the funds in the order you are least likely to need them:
- Holiday Club Account
- Regular Savings Account
- eMax$ Online
- Power Checking Account
If you’d like to avoid the hassle of holds and earn a higher dividend, open a CD and you’ll typically have access to the funds you need most.
Automatic Loan Payments
By having loan payments automatically deducted from your Power Checking Account, your interest charge will be lowered by 0.25% from our basic rate (excluding Mortgages and Home Equity Loans).
Use our eBranch Online banking system to keep track of and manage your Checking Account and all your accounts.
ActorsFCU members may reorder their checks from Legacy Check Printers by clicking here. You may change the type or design of your checks on this order. However, if you need to make changes to the information on your check, such as your address, you must contact the
Credit Union and speak with a member of our team, or contact Legacy directly at 866.421.4040.
Deposit from Anywhere!
Don’t forget: for remote deposits in addition to our Smartphone Apps and Check Deposit Online, we also offer:
CO-OP Network ATMS 30,000 across the U.S. and Canada—100% fee-free to our members—of which 9,000 are deposit-taking machines! And more than 260 of them are right in NYC’s five boroughs and owned by ActorsFCU.
PayNet Check Cashers Make deposits as early as 8:00 AM to as late as midnight at participating locations, including Saturdays and Sundays! (Many locations are open 24 hours.)
CU Shared Service Centers Make fee-free teller-assisted transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments at more than 4,000 participating Credit Union Service Centers across the country (including NYC) just like you would at our own offices. Add to that 3,500 ATMS of the 5,500 machines in 7-Elevens nationwide that belong to the CU Service Center network, and you can make deposits as well as get cash at those machines—again, with no fees to pay!
Direct Deposit You can save time and energy by having your payroll checks, Social Security checks, and others, deposited directly into your Power Checking Account!
To Debit From or Credit To Your Accounts
To debit from or credit to your Checking Account, you will need the following to be debited or credited properly:
- Routing-and-Transit Number: 226077079 (see the example below)
- Full Checking Account Number (see below)