Looking to open a new checking account?
Look no further! Our Power Checking account features:
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly or annual fees
- Free VISA debit card with Member Rewards
- Overdraft protection from your ActorsFCU savings account*
- Courtesy pay up to $750*
- Online & mobile banking and Bill Pay
- Mobile check deposits
An ActorsFCU savings account is required to open a Power Checking account.
Not a member yet?
Click here to see if you are eligible to join.
How to Open a Power Checking account
- STEP ONE: complete our fillable PDF application
- If you want to add a free checking account, check the box for "Checking (draft)"
- If you want a free VISA debit card, check the box for "VISA Check Card"
- If you want to receive statements and other notices electronically, check the box for "eDocuments"
- If you want the ability to deposit checks using your smartphone, check the box for "App Deposit"
- STEP TWO: Print your completed application & sign on the bottom of pages 1, 3, & 4
- STEP THREE: Submit your completed application and required documents via Secure Email*
- Please CLICK HERE to send us an email requesting a secure file transfer.
- We will email you back within 1 to 3 business day with an invitation to our Secure Email services
- When you receive this invite, you will set up a free account, then respond to our email with the following attachments:
- Signed/completed application
- Copy of Government-issued photo ID
- Proof of membership eligibility (e.g., Equity card, SAG-AFTRA card, etc.)
- STEP FOUR: We will open your account within 2 to 3 business days, then email you back via Secure Email to provide your account number and other important information regarding your new account.
- STEP FIVE: Fund your new account. Your new savings account requires a minimum deposit of $100 to satisfy our minimum balance requirements.
If you're an existing ActorsFCU member and would like to open a Power Checking account, please follow these steps:
Need help? Call us at (212) 869-8926, option 6.
Learn More about our Checking Account Services:
Member Rewards: A Debit Card with Rewards
Earn one Member Rewards Point for every $2 spent using your ActorCash VISA Debit Card. Enrollment is automatic, it’s free, and points never expire. Plus, points are combined with Platinum VISA Credit Card earned points.
CardNav: A Debit Card with Protection
Help defeat fraudulent usage of your debit card. With the CardNav debit card protection app, you'll know when and where your card is being used, be able to turn your card on and off when you need to, choose when and where your card is used, and more. Safety at your fingertips.
Every time you use your ActorCash Debit Card, we'll round up your transaction amount to the nearest dollar and send those nickels and dimes to the account of your choice—or to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.
ActorsFCU offers a truly unique way of giving you immediate availability of funds on your check deposits.
Along with Smartphone Apps, we also offer CO-OP Network ATMs, PayNet Check Cashers, Shared Branches, and Direct Deposit for all your deposit needs.
ActorsFCU Routing-and-Transit Number: 226077079
- Proof of your current union or organization affiliation (e.g., photo of your union card)
- Photo or clear scan of your valid government-issued photo ID or passport
- Proof of address if different than the address listed on your photo ID (e.g., photo or scan of a utility bill or lease agreement)
- Click the Apply for Membership button above to launch the application
- Write your account number in the upper right corner of page 1
- Complete the membership application, make sure you check the box for the following options:
- Checking (draft)
- Overdraft transfer from savings to checking - select either "yes" or "no", then sign
- This is a recommended, but optional service; the fee is $2/transfer
- VISA debit card
- eBranch (recommended)
- App Deposit (recommended)
- eDocuments (recommended)
- On page three of the application, make your selections for Courtesy Pay (optional service)
- On page four list any beneficiaries you'd like for the account (optional)
- Print the application and sign/date on the bottom of page 1, 3, and 4
- Return your signed and completed application to the credit union via fax (212) 575-5836
- Automatic Transfers from Savings: Money is transferred in the amount overdrawn. You must request this service and there’s a service fee for each item paid
- Cash Draw Line of Credit: Transfers from your Cash Draw are made to your Checking Account in increments of $50. Apply with Lending Services
- Courtesy Pay Protection: ActorsFCU—at its discretion—may cover insufficient funds checks, up to a limit of $750, for one low fee per covered overdraft transaction. Opt-in or out at any time by completing the appropriate form.