Mobile Deposit Guidelines
Before The Deposit...
Use the proper mobile deposit endorsement
1. On the back of the check, sign your name on the top line
2. Write "For remote deposit only at AFCU"
3. Write the account number you'd like the check to be deposited to
Example of Proper Mobile Deposit Endorsement
Taking the photos
1. Find a well-lit area to take your photos
2. Find a non-patterned, non-reflective, dark surface to set the check on. This will allow the check to standout in the photo.
After the deposit...
Store Checks Properly
1. Do not write "VOID" on the check.
2. Do feel free to write the date of the deposit somewhere on the check in pencil; not pen
3. Do not tear up or dispose of the check
4. Do retain the check in a safe place for 45 days
5. After 45 days from the deposit date has passed, feel free to shred or otherwise destroy the check
Call our Member Service Team at 212.869.8926, Option 6, Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM EST.
Or send us a secure message anytime.