Protection from Debit Card Fraud - Help Us Protect Your Money
You may not be aware but debit card fraud is a cost to you, whether you're the actual victim or not. It costs your credit union more than $100,000 a year that could be used for the benefit of members. When you're the actual victim, you pay twice—in credit union resources and in your time and effort (and paperwork) to recover your money.
The CardNav app helps rein in that thievery. PLEASE USE IT. We’ve made it easy. A one-time set up on your smartphone will help prevent fraudsters from using your card. If you do nothing but turn on the alerts so you know whenever your card is used, you'll make a huge difference. We're all in this together.
- Receive near-real-time notifications to alert you any time your card is used
- Turn your card on and off with one touch
- Choose when and where your card can be used, including dollar limits (your phone’s GPS allows you to set limits by location or region)
- Use it as a budgeting tool: turn on the threshold feature, choose types of merchants, control transaction types
- View balances and transactions
- Transfer funds between accounts linked to your card
- Search for nearby ATMs
Watch the video for easy set-up.
If you don't have a smartphone, you can still protect your card when you’re heading out of town, in the U.S. or abroad. Make sure you let us know your travel plans—to keep your card protected and in action.