Actors Federal Credit Union is excited to welcome SAG-AFTRA members and their families! SAG-AFTRA members in good standing are now eligible for credit union membership and all the benefits therein.
Special offer for SAG-AFTRA members
- As our way of saying "welcome" we will deposit $50 to your account when you up a new membership with ActorsFCU
- Additionally, we'll donate a matching $50 to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation to support their good work
- Click here to download this offer; flyer should be submitted at time of account opening.
Not yet a SAG-AFTRA Member? We can help!
- ActorsFCU offers a special Union Initiation Loan to help you cover the costs of joining SAG-AFTRA.
- Join SAG-AFTRA now, then take up to three years to repay your union dues
More reasons to join ActorsFCU
- We make banking simple! It only takes $100 to join ActorsFCU and as long as you leave that money in your savings account, there are no other minimum balance requirements or monthly fees to worry about. We offer all the conveniences of online and mobile banking, including remote check deposit, to keep you connected to your money 24/7.
- We've got a wide reach. In addition to our offices in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, and North Hollywood, our members have access to an additional 5,000+ credit union locations and nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide. This nationwide access is thanks to our partnership in the CO-OP Network.
- We're a non-profit. Our non-profit status allows us to offer fewer fees and better rates than for-profit banks.
- We're a co-operative. All of our members are equal owners of the credit union, with the right vote on important credit union matters.
- We're community minded. ActorsFCU exists solely to serve the financial needs of professionals in the entertainment industry. We have a closed membership which means only members of approved groups like SAG-AFTRA are eligible for membership.
Benefits of Credit Union Membership
- Low minimum balance requirements. Maintain at least $100 in your share savings account and you won't pay any monthly fees to maintain your account.
- Free checking. Our free Power Checking account has no monthly or annual fees, and no minimum balance requirements. Better yet, our Power Checking account comes with a free VISA debit card with Member Rewards. Earn reward points every time you use your card!
- Access to low-cost loans. Credit unions have long been known for their favorable loan rates, ActorsFCU is no exception. We offer a full suite of loan products, credit cards, and mortgages.
- Investment services. ActorsFCU members have access to the services and advice of our partner Gary Ginsberg, FINRA/SPIC.
- Member exclusive discounts. Enjoy discounts on insurance products, TurboTax, car rentals, and more.
How to open your account
- Visit us in New York City at 165 W. 46th Street (near 7th Ave). We're located on the 14th floor of the Actors' Equity Association building.
- Visit us in Los Angeles at 5757 Wilshire Blvd. We're located on the 6th floor of the SAG-AFTRA building.
- Visit us in Chicago at 557 W. Randolph Street. We're located on the 1st floor of the Actors' Equity Association building.
- Be sure to bring a Government-issued photo ID, proof of SAG-AFTRA membership, and $100 cash or check
- Click the Apply Now button below
- Accept our Membership Agreement
- Complete the fillable PDF application
- If you want a free checking account, be sure to check the box for "Draft (Power Checking)"
- If you want a free VISA debit card, be sure to check the box for "VISA Check Card"
- If you want to receive your statements and other notices electronically, be sure to check the box for "eDocuments"
- For membership eligibility, please type in "SAG-AFTRA"
- Print your completed application
- Sign where indicated near the bottom of the application
- Return your signed application via fax to 212.575.5836
- Or if you do not have access to a fax machine, scan your signed application and return via email to email@example.com
- You must also submit a copy of your State issued ID and proof of union affiliation (e.g. membership card)
If you need help apply for membership, please call us at 212.869.8926, option 6 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org